What is the Ericsson AVP 4000 System Encoder?
Part of pioneering range of video processing platforms, the AVP 4000 System Encoder is designed to meet all your application and service needs, transforming the standard of video encoding performance and delivering unrivalled SD and HD picture quality in MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 AVC.
A platform that delivers high quality, high reliability and operational flexibility, the AVP 4000 System Encoder can ease integration, expansion, re-purposing, training, repair and upgrades and considerably lower the overall cost of ownership. The Ericsson AVP 4000 System Encoder is powered by Ericssons' first proprietary programmable video processing chip, designed specifically to offer class leading capability for all applications. Features include:
- Choice of configurations. Supports all codecs, including MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 AVC at 4:2:0, 4:2:2, 8-bit. Operates for SD, HD, and 4K UHDTV.
- Modular Architecture. Re-use equipment and make onsite upgrades, using hot swappable encoder modules.
- Multiplatform Capabilities: Don't compromise on picture quality or development flexibility.
- Integrated product: Benefit from a common toolset, common chassis and common interface with all of Ericsson's award-winning AVP products.
Why use the AVP 4000 System Encoder?
The AVP 4000 System Encoder is designed to overcome today's bandwidth and delivery constraints by delivering the necessary flexibility, velocity and agility to deploy new services within an extremely competitive landscape. Using Ericsson's in-house algorithms, based on 20+ years of compression expertise, the AVP 4000 may be the most advanced video processing engine for TV service delivery, powered by Ericsson's proprietary programmable video processing chip. Consider the AVP 4000 if you want to:
- Overcome bandwidth constraints. Make significant savings by using highly software programmable processors with the requisite level of flexibility.
- Enhance image quality. Deliver MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 AVC picture quality in SD, HD, and 4K UHDTV.
- Deploy multi-screen services. Provide content to all consumer devices throughout the content value chain.
- Maximize investment. Benefit from the encoder's flexibility and functionality to optimize capital investments.
- Transform video performance. Rapidly deliver new features and new levels of video performance using Ericsson's fully upgradeable technology.
- Maximize encoding efficiency. Take advantage of spare encoding capacity by deploying it into new applications.