MDM6100 BROADCAST SATELLITE MODEM
- Baud rate range: 1 – 72 Mbaud
- Data rates up to 380 Mbit/s (dependent on configuration)
- IF (70/140) and L-Band (950-2150) high power outputs
- Redundant optional ASI or GbE interfaces in single stream mode
- Built-in TS Analyser with PCR jitter measurements
- Accurate link margin monitoring through the use of NODE™ Noise& Distortion Estimator tool
- RFI reduction using optional DVB RF Carrier ID (DVB-CID) and NIT table CID (default)
- Automatic TS rate adaptation
- L-band monitoring output
- DVB-S2 and DVB-S compliant
- S2 Extensions and MODCODs
Flexible and latest generation technology
The MDM6100 Broadcast Satellite Modem is afuture-proof building block that lets any satellite network evolve to the next level of capabilities.
A scalable, pay-as-you-grow, licensing and software upgrade mechanism facilitates the launch of new services, or last minute network design changes, without rebuilding the entire network infrastructure. Migration from ASI to GbE and IF to L-band is facilitated by simple in-field installation of license keys.
Migration of standard distribution links towards S2 Extensions can be as simple as inserting a MDM6100 modem in the head-ends while keeping the installed base of IRDs.
Additional capabilities such as DVB-S2 extensions and others are anticipated to become available on the platform as the standardization efforts materialise in the near future. The brand new DVB-CID carrier identifier is already available as a software
option on the MDM6100.